viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

The first 4 months of a GN Board member...

Month 1 - June - Getting to know & Transition


Arrived in Budapest.
Spent here less than 24hs. Went to a conference in Norway (spending 1 day in Germany going there and 1 day coming back). Represented AIESEC, made some contacts. Visited Oslo, saw the 24hs-daylight. Came back to Budapest. Found out we couldn't stay in the same flat anymore. Started to search for a flat. 1 long week of flat-hunting. Found a flat (for me, Juanca and Anula). Had transition with Geri. Went to Rotterdam.

Month 2 - July - Transition & GN Boards Training Camp

Arrived in Rotterdam. Had transition with Ivan, Ira, Geri, Juli and Mo. Got to know a lot more about CEE reality. Prepared MCPs meeting. Went to Prague. Delivered MCPs Meeting. Went back to Rotterdam. Other GN Board members arrived. Had 1 week training with AI 07-08. Had sessions about country development model, did internal and external analysis of CEE, had trainings in each functional area. Got to know more about other GNs. Started to form a nice "family" with other GN Board members. Had some team dinners with AI, some barbecue on the roof. Walked around Rotterdam. Got to know the planning from the new AI team. Started our GN planning. Finally met Juanca. Had some cool parties with the other GN Board members. Went to The Hague to see Vincent and Juli bungee jumping and drunk beer at the beach till 11pm. Participated at AI transition party. Came to Budapest again.

Month 3 - August - Starting to work & IC

Settled at our new flat. Started to explore our new city. Spent my birthday at lake Balaton. Had CEE GN Board team days. Created our team stand. Finalized our team plan. Created some taskforces. Defined the countries I will visit. Prepared IC pre-meeting. Traveled to Brazil. Met many many many people that I like. Felt like in a national conference in Brazil. Delivered IC pre-meeting. Had many people from different places in my country, felt proud of being brazilian. Enjoyed IC very much. Met a lot of alumni from @Brazil and from my LC. Had meeting with my taskforces. Had meeting with some countries. Had lots of fun with the GN Boards. Discussed some topics that I'm very interested about. Met many people I would like to work with in the future. Felt sad that IC was over.

Month 4 - September - Working at home & Preparing Country Visits

Went to Salvador (northeast of Brazil) for 1-week hollidays. Took 2 czechs and Anula with me. Enjoyed my country a lot. Showed the real Brazil to the CEE girls. Enjoyed the sea and the beach. Went home for 2 weeks. Enjoyed my parents and my sister. Met many old friends. Discovered new things in my city. Had virtual meetings with my taskforces. Created a lot of tables, analysis, excel sheets, wikis. Defined content for my country visits. Planned the logistics and made the budget for the visits. Traveled back to Budapest. Payed the rent. Met with trainees. Got my hungarian visa. Started to prepare my other visas. Left to Croatia for my 1st country visit...


...and this was just the begining... a lot more is still to come! :)


Love being GN Board :D

I posted! Who is next? Tell the stories!!!

No hay comentarios: